Pages

9.30.2010

SUV Car Insurance

Hummer and SUV Insurance
By Cole Sileven

Insurance premiums will always be determined by the risk of the insured. For SUV owners, the larger the vehicle, the more property damage it may cause to a smaller car. With that in mind, accidents involving larger vehicle have a higher risk of causing serious injuries as well as fatalities. In addition to this, the higher the center of gravity of a vehicle, the less maneuverable it will be. SUV owners need to consider the risk of flipping or rolling their vehicle with any sharp turn the must make.

Owners of larger vehicles will also have higher rates than those of mid-size and smaller sedans due to the cost of parts. Replacement parts on SUV and larger trucks can be expensive. When I was still a new driver, I started out on an older Nissan Sentra. One day I was traveling a little too closely to a Ford Expedition in front of me. When they had to stop abruptly I bumped into the back of this vehicle. The claim that was made to replace this bumper ran nearly $1500. I was very surprised. The damage to my car was much worse but since it was my fault and I was too young to be able to afford the repair, I just bent it back the best I could and went driving my heap for the remainder of the school year...Good times!

If you do have a larger vehicle the best thing to do is compare rates to help save what you can on auto insurance coverage.


Related : SUV Insurance
Read Other Article: SUV Vehicle, Crossover Vehicles, KIA Cars

No comments:

Post a Comment